Senior Knowledge Lawyer Corporate - M&A
Are you looking for a new opportunity to challenge your legal knowledge while staying connected with the dynamics of a transactional practice?
Loyens & Loeff is currently recruiting a Senior Knowledge Lawyer within Corporate - M&A
Loyens & Loeff is a leading law firm operating in the Benelux and Switzerland, our home markets. As an international firm, Loyens & Loeff has offices in the main financial centers worldwide. Thanks to the close collaboration between our legal and tax practices, we have a unique, strong position in the market. Our lawyers work in teams and approach complex legal issues from all possible angles. In this way, we provide our clients with solutions that are balanced, coherent and pragmatic.
Our clientele consists of national and multi-national companies, financial institutions and governmental bodies. With about 1,500 lawyers and staff worldwide, our firm can handle all business related legal and tax issues, be they national or international.
We are in the process of optimizing the use of our knowledge to deliver smarter service and products to internal and external clients, this in the most efficient and effective way. Knowledge makes indeed a real difference. Besides for improving the internal efficiency and effectiveness, we want to leverage our collective knowledge in the context of content marketing, business development and learning and development. In other words, we want to get the most out of our knowledge to serve our clients even better.
As Knowledge Lawyer, you will act as a central hub, coordinating efforts and encouraging collaboration between clients, lawyers and know-how specialists of other practice groups.
As member of the Corporate - M&A practice group, you will become part of a dynamic and driven team.
- Monitoring trends, legal and regulatory developments and sharing these developments with the Corporate - M&A practice group.
- Acting as a sounding board for legal research and enquiries.
- Organizing, preparing and delivering the practice group’s knowledge meetings.
- Promote the collection and dissemination of knowledge.
- Develop, manage and update the knowledge database.
- Ensure that KM processes are being followed and contribute to developing and improving them.
- Draft, update and manage knowledge documents (e.g. standard documents, templates, etc.).
- Identify, review and prepare documents for automated document or contract assembly.
- Identify ways to structure work and work output to produce tangible products for internal and external clients.
- Follow-up and implementation of digitalization and LegalTech initiatives.
Learning & Development:
- Designing, preparing and delivering legal training to all levels of fee earners on know-how documents and practices.
- Delivering training programs to inform colleagues about recent legal developments and their opportunities for clients and business.
- Preparing and delivering internal seminars and training for members of other practice groups.
- Identifying key developments that can be used for the creation of more focused content marketing campaigns and providing material for the firm's website and social media.
- Contributing to newsletters, publications and newsflashes.
- Repackaging legal developments for clients, authoring news alerts and thought leadership materials, preparing and delivering external client seminars and training
- You hold a Master in Law obtained in Belgium;
- An additional degree in corporate law is a plus;
- You have preferably 10 years of experience in a legal function or in an academic function;
- You have a good working knowledge of French, Dutch and English;
- You are well organized and a team player, but you are also an inspiring self-starter and can be effective and take initiatives on your own;
- You are a dynamic and steering participant in practice group meetings;
- Your work is well-structured and you are result-orientated;
- You have good communication skills and excellent writing skills.
- A full or part-time permanent contract (employee or self-employed)
- You will be working with young and dynamic colleagues, well versed in international matters and with ambitious objectives;
- You will get the opportunity to develop a key position within the Corporate - M&A practice group where you will be working closely with other practice groups in the Belgian office and the other L&L offices;
- This intellectually stimulating position allows you to organize your work-life balance around stable working hours;
- You will receive a competitive remuneration package according to your level of experience.