Professional Support Lawyer
Do you currently have around 3 years experience as a lawyer and are you up for a new challenge? Would you like to contribute to the know how development of our Employment & Benefits Practice Group, make a significant contribution to the quality and professionality of our law firm and enable our lawyers to meet and exceed their business targets?
We are looking for a Professional Support Lawyer who is just as passionate about employment law as we are and is looking forward to expand our knowledge even further and, in doing so, help us provide the best possible service to our clients.
We are not looking for someone to just build our know how base, but someone who takes initiative, comes up with pragmatic solutions for difficult legal questions and is also able to turn this knowledge into action for our communication with our clients and our Business Development efforts. In dialogue with the partners of the PG and the Practice Manager you will be dealing with many and varied tasks.
We strongly believe in working together, as a practice group, within our firm and with our clients. You will be part of a young and enthusiastic team.
You will actively contribute to the strategy and business plans of this practice group.
You will be responsible for:
- developing and managing the know how of the Employment & Benefits Practice Group;
- structuring the know how and making sure know how information is shared within out Practice Group;
- drafting, updating and digitalizing memoranda, check-lists and standard documents / models;
- managing information (such as new regulations, changes and updates, doctrine and case law) drafting publications for clients (such as newsletters and newsflashes)
- prepare and manage knowledge meetings;
- assisting with and drafting RFP’s (Request for Proposal) and pitches;
- assist in drafting submissions for legal directories (such as Legal 500 and Chambers);
- contribute to the creation/update of marketing material, provide input for social media activities;
- research work in the field of complex legal issues within Employment & Benefits law in the broad sense;
- collaborating with the Know-How team and the other Professional Support Lawyers of the Brussels office with the aim of developing the Know-How databases as well as managing new Know-How projects.
You will have regular meetings with the partners, counsels and practice manager to get an in-depth understanding of their business and expectations.
To be successful in this role, you have strong project management skills, a go-getter attitude, the ability to work autonomously... And you are analytical, solution minded and flexible.
- You have a Master’s Degree in a legal orientation or equivalent by experience.
- You have a minimum of 2 years relevant experience , ideally gained in a law or consultancy firm. Any further qualification related to the Employment & Benefits sector would be an advantage.
- You are at ease with information and communication technology and digital know-how and research systems.
- You have strong analytical skills and you enjoy working out creative, pragmatic solutions.
- You have good social and communication skills, and you interact smoothly and efficiently with colleagues and clients.
- You are a French or Dutch native speaker and are fully proficient in English. A good knowledge of the second national language, either French or Dutch, is necessary.
- A permanent contract.
- Loyens & Loeff offers a challenging professional environment: our demands, in terms of quality, are high and are commensurate with the level of service that our clients expect of us.
- We combine that high level of quality with a good work/life balance.
- Your role is diverse and inspiring and you have space for initiative.
- You will be offered a competitive package according to the level of your experience.